Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to red feather lakes with the pontoon to fish a certain lake. Checked the access and found that it is farther than I wanted to carry the framed pontoon boat and then do a second trip for the rest of the gear. Decided I will come back with the belly boat.

So I drove over to Dowdy.... Water temp was 58. Lots of bites. All stockers that looked like they were covered in herpes lesions. They came in like tired puppies. They were all stocked rainbows. The first one I thought was injured from an osprey since it just had a couple of wounds on each side. Then I kept catching fish that looked like teenagers with bad skin... Just covered.

Went back over to a certain lake with the last 30 minutes of light, waded in and caught a nice bow that was healthy and fat and put up a good fight. Going to have to go back with the belly boat before ice up.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good to see you fishing again buddy. Hit me up and we'll go catch some bigger one's. It's better that the fish have herpes lesions than your member having them!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I fished there earlier this year and my daughter had fun with the stockers. I agree they looked like they were in sad shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts