Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Dowdy Lake yesterday morning , just in time to watch a beautiful Sunrise coming up , and that was worth the trip by it self .

Started fishing about 8am, in 18fow, right of the bottom , couple of Rainbows, tree Cutthroats , a Brown , two Brookies all in ten minutes . Used a Jig , what looked like a Squid tipped with a Minnow head . Fished with my I Fish Pro 2.0 for the first time , love that thing , none stop action so retired the I fish Pro and just used my Gentz Rod .

Interesting enough it slowed down about 11:30 switched thing up for the next half hour , two rods again nothing just dead . Dropped the Jig down just as it passed the edge of the ice nice and slow the fish were back . It started out to become a great sight fishing for the next hour and a half . I was sitting in my Shelter with the Lights on witch lighted up the Ice :thumb:;D I left at 1:30 pm overall I landed and released more than thirty fish .

The only down fall was that the Ice was way more than a foot deep and solid my brand new 20V XR 5AH Lithium Ion Battery cut only three Holes :(:( with the Strikemaster Drill .Should have kept my 4hp Jiffy Gas Auger . On my way to Douglas and Smith Lake;D;D;D;D;D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts