Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 of us hit Dowdy Res last Sat. In 3 1/2 hrs we caught 40 to 45 trout (9am to 12:30pm). It was about 30% browns and 70% rainbows. No fish over 15". All were on 1/1/2" to 2" tube jigs of all different colors - with and without mealworms. All fishing was in 9' to 15'. The wind was absolutely disgusting. Lots of equipment being blown across the lake on the very slick ice. It was man vs the elements!! John

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah me and a few buddies were also there last saturday and had the same results, the wind was killer!. We caught a few decent size rainbow 14-16" on 1/2 white/black tube jigs tipped with worms.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Were either one of you in the indistructable blue fish hut that I stopped to talk to as you left? Man My uncle and I tried to put his up and mine and I actually went sledding across the ice in it...that wind was somthing fierce up there..

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hard to find good shelter up there. It's really fun when the wind is howling and the ice surface free of snow and slick as snot. Even with spikes, it can be hard to stay in one place.

·
Registered
246 Posts
is lake john like that too..i mean ive been there 1nce in the summer but not in winter....i hope to go in the next week or so...seems like all the pictures there show no wind..and that would be very nice....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't even dare to think that you can go to Lake John and not get wind blasted. I've fished it dead calm but be ready! John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts