Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
For the most part, yes. However, there are a few lakes (such as Grand Lake, I believe) that are much deeper than that -- in excess of 200' in some places as I recall. Certainly 100' is plenty for most lakes on the Front Range. I don't know about down south or the western slope. Maybe somebody else could chime in on those.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
What lakes will you mainly be fishing? This will point in a better direction then trying to name every lake. There are a handful of reserviors that do go above the 200 ft mark and if you will be fishing those mainly then you may want to get a 200 ft cable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do know that there are many lakes that are a lot deeper than 100' but I was wondering if the fish are always deeper than what you can get to with 100' of cable. I don't think you are supposed to bottom ounce downriggers are you? Never used them but are going to get them for the summer. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ePiC said:
What lakes will you mainly be fishing?  This will point in a better direction then trying to name every lake.  There are a handful of reserviors that do go above the 200 ft mark and if you will be fishing those mainly then you may want to get a 200 ft cable.
We usually fish Jefferson, 11 Mile, Grandby etc...2-3 hours from Denver.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
100' for Granby is fine. Elevenmile is tricky even at shallower depths (too many darn huge rocks poking up). Can't help you on Jefferson, though.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
work2fish said:
However, there are a few lakes (such as Grand Lake, I believe) that are much deeper than that -- in excess of 200' in some places as I recall.

My Map shows 270' WoW.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts