Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good PMD and Bluewing action in the morning and early afternoon. Caddis started touching down about 11am. Did well with an 18 parachute adams and dark caddis(brown and black). 4 bows over 20in. 6 under 18 but bigger than 15.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awsome! Im hoping to go there sometime this month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
any tricos? hey fish a stillbourne caddis or cripple (devil bug) tiemco 100 size 16 or 18 hares ear thorax and abdoman and ligas dubbing #19 and#20 colors blended. roll dubbing into tiny rope tie on @ bend of hook pull rope at tail, make it sparce for shuck dub your hares ear, slender profile body the tie rest of rope down just below the eye of the hook, take a needle stick it between hares ear and rope and lift up on rope creating a bubble,then whip. grease the rope part , you can find this pattern in roger hills fishing the south platte river. its the sickest cripple pattern for caddis, ive fished all throughout the west, its unreal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,678 Posts
When i used to fish that stretch of water heavily i noticed the trico action picked up in July...and when i say picked up i mean some pretty heavy hatches...clouds of bugs coming off at around 11am and totally covering the water. it made for some tough fishing (my fly floating among 10,000 other bugs made it hard to notice) but if you stayed low and worked an individual fish patiently you could hook up quite a bit...
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no tricos. I typically see them at the middle to end of July. Thanks for the tying tip mshelly(hope i got that right). Going this weekend let ya know how it goes.
Tom
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry gshelly, thats right.
Hey this weekend i am having a BBQ at the near by four wheeling trails out side of Elevenmile on Hwy 24. Trail 864. Gonna be smoking some ribs and cooking up some brats and steaks. All fellow flyanglers are welcome. Just up trail 864, just before you drop into the valley. RSVP if you want to show up, gotta know how much food to make. [email protected] Great food and lots of flyfishing banter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
on sat im gonna fish below the dam at spinney or the lake havent made up my mind, probably from 7am til noon got to get back into town by 3:00. i drive a blk tacoma w/ a lift look out for me i'll give you some devil bugs. thanks for the invite, dont know if ill make it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
nogooddrtytroutbum said:
sorry gshelly, thats right.
Hey this weekend i am having a BBQ at the near by four wheeling trails out side of Elevenmile on Hwy 24. Trail 864. Gonna be smoking some ribs and cooking up some brats and steaks. All fellow flyanglers are welcome. Just up trail 864, just before you drop into the valley. RSVP if you want to show up, gotta know how much food to make. [email protected] Great food and lots of flyfishing banter.
We'll bring some kokanee!!! ;D
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am glad you said it and I didn't -- I am probably one post away from getting a new IP address and username ;D
pescado loco said:
nogooddrtytroutbum said:
sorry gshelly, thats right.
Hey this weekend i am having a BBQ at the near by four wheeling trails out side of Elevenmile on Hwy 24. Trail 864. Gonna be smoking some ribs and cooking up some brats and steaks. All fellow flyanglers are welcome. Just up trail 864, just before you drop into the valley. RSVP if you want to show up, gotta know how much food to make. [email protected]  Great food and lots of flyfishing banter.
We'll bring some kokanee!!! ;D
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mauser said:
I am glad you said it and I didn't -- I am probably one post away from getting a new IP address and username  ;D
pescado loco said:
nogooddrtytroutbum said:
sorry gshelly, thats right.
Hey this weekend i am having a BBQ at the near by four wheeling trails out side of Elevenmile on Hwy 24. Trail 864. Gonna be smoking some ribs and cooking up some brats and steaks. All fellow flyanglers are welcome. Just up trail 864, just before you drop into the valley. RSVP if you want to show up, gotta know how much food to make. [email protected]  Great food and lots of flyfishing banter.
We'll bring some kokanee!!! ;D
I don't care whatcha say. Now that there's funny!
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top