Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
131 Posts
fishinguitars said:
same berkley tubes you use for bass fishing. Instead of texas rigging with an offset worm hook I stick a jig head inside of the tube.
Thanks Man! I appreciate that.--Wayne

· Registered
2,952 Posts
hey great pics.
This comes from a spinfisherman's mouth, but flyfishers can catch a lot of trout too. I think sometimes though, the "bubba baits" just anger those bigger trout into striking. I catch a lot on curly tail grubs with a jighead rigged on it. I want to start catching more on cranks though. I generally catch most of my fish on bounced worms though, lol :D

A good technique on the taylor river, or any pressured river where you can see large trout, is to use a big 4" ugly tube jig. Bring it right infront of the trout's nose about 6 or 7 times, and it will start to chase it a bit more. Eventually, if you keep doing so, the large trout, being territorial, will strike the tube jig out of anger.

· Registered
935 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
A good technique on the taylor river, or any pressured river where you can see large trout, is to use a big 4" ugly tube jig. Bring it right infront of the trout's nose about 6 or 7 times, and it will start to chase it a bit more. Eventually, if you keep doing so, the large trout, being territorial, will strike the tube jig out of anger.
I do this same thing with large weighted woolly buggers I tie just for this purpose. I'd be just as happy to do it with a tube jig. Always keep my gear handy, so I can switch up.

· Registered
2,952 Posts
Cutthroat said:
I do this same thing with large weighted woolly buggers I tie just for this purpose. I'd be just as happy to do it with a tube jig. Always keep my gear handy, so I can switch up.
That's what a reel fisherman (pardon the pun) does. Uses whatever techniques he can to catch fish.
Those are some beauty kokes what do you catch em on?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.