Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the dream stream thursday to chase big trout, there were sustained winds of 20mph. I started at the inlet of the dream stream with plugs, tube jigs, and spoons for not even a bite. I moved to just below the bridge and hooked up with a tube jig, but lost it. Then I moved up to the section below the dam to go after big browns. At the row of rocks right below the fence below the dam, I lost a huge brown on a tube jig, but he stayed right behind the rock. So, I walked away for about 30 min, and came back with a yo-zuri plug. First cast I hook up and this big boy jumps and spits the hook. That fish loked as long as my arm, it was huge! It was hard fishing since they cut the flow to 40CFS, but that big boy made it worth it.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun. I thought they were going to keep the flows up for a while? I am heading up to Elevenmile Sun for a chance at a big Bow. If it's slow I might hit the river.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try and through some flies the fish are still to cold to be chasing really anything. They are just focused on small stuff right now. They are about to spawn so try egg patterns. and always practice catch and release.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have fished that area alot and even though it may be cold I believe that if you try unconventional tactics like big sreamers or lures, that it brings out the big boys. My thought was that they were willing to spend a little more energy to get a lot in return. Next time you are there try a floating rapala in either the size 11 or 13. Some might think this is too big. I just get laughed at most of the time by other anglers but I make sure to smile back when my rod is bent and my drag is screamin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts