Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up early at eleven mile yesterday, fished the stream for trout hard till about 5:00. Landed a few nice fish, wind made mending a major task- missed alot of hits. I have never seen this stretch as crowded as it was yesterday, still had a good time. Fished red copperjohns-#22, Flash back pheasant #18, nuclear eggs, blood midges-#24, orange scud(closer to the dam) worked great. My brothers were duck hunting, so I trudged out to there blind for an evening hunt, did well jump shooting, not much flying in the evening though- they did great in the morning. Did any one else see the flight for life, drove buy the fellow while they were doing cpr on him- as the helicopter was landing- wondered if he had a heart attack, or if he had been brought up from the lake.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some drunk duck hunters probably shot that dude who needed flight for life... I love watching flight for life but it sucks for the people that need it.
Is that stretch of water ever not shoulder to shoulder?

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Sometimes I'll fish the dream stream in the winter after a day of ice fishing on 11-mile.Even if the wind is howling,it doesnt seem cold after sitting on the ice for hours on end.That cold wind keeps most flailers away!

·
Registered
988 Posts
So your brothers did really good for ducks in the morning. I'm planning to go back this weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slayer, thats the usual program for me, I guess thats why I'm not used to seeing so many people.

·
Registered
16,694 Posts
Yeah,I often fish in snowstorms or even mini-blizzards just to have a place to myself!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Neal, whats that? I think I've heard of the Tomahawk Ranch is that the one you can pay to get on? That was the area above Antero isn't it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tomahak is a swa just to the nw of spinney. I didn't know it was closed?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Sounds to me he knows exactly where tomhawk is and it was closed in the fall to study the brown spawn and what impact wading had on spawning fish.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
No I remember reading about it in the paper and the results where no wading didn't make a impact . I think its such a far run that the browns beat them selfs to death litterally. Back in the early 90's I use to hit it alot and have seen 7-10lbs. dead broiwns on the shore . Also I think they tried to stock Steelhead ni there to establish in spinney and run up river but had no luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts