Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up early at eleven mile yesterday, fished the stream for trout hard till about 5:00. Landed a few nice fish, wind made mending a major task- missed alot of hits. I have never seen this stretch as crowded as it was yesterday, still had a good time. Fished red copperjohns-#22, Flash back pheasant #18, nuclear eggs, blood midges-#24, orange scud(closer to the dam) worked great. My brothers were duck hunting, so I trudged out to there blind for an evening hunt, did well jump shooting, not much flying in the evening though- they did great in the morning. Did any one else see the flight for life, drove buy the fellow while they were doing cpr on him- as the helicopter was landing- wondered if he had a heart attack, or if he had been brought up from the lake.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some drunk duck hunters probably shot that dude who needed flight for life... I love watching flight for life but it sucks for the people that need it.
Is that stretch of water ever not shoulder to shoulder?

·
Registered
16,968 Posts
Sometimes I'll fish the dream stream in the winter after a day of ice fishing on 11-mile.Even if the wind is howling,it doesnt seem cold after sitting on the ice for hours on end.That cold wind keeps most flailers away!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
No I remember reading about it in the paper and the results where no wading didn't make a impact . I think its such a far run that the browns beat them selfs to death litterally. Back in the early 90's I use to hit it alot and have seen 7-10lbs. dead broiwns on the shore . Also I think they tried to stock Steelhead ni there to establish in spinney and run up river but had no luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.