Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What flies should be good this time of year. I'm goin' up there with my dad Sunday, and he fly fishes. I'll be using the regular stuff.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
If the rainbows are moving up the browns will be getting into the egg looking mode. Leech patterns, streamers, scuds, san juans, nymphs...
You should bring some rainbow jerk baits and give them a try.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YTeah, I'm taking the spinning approach...rebels, countdowns, floaters....stuff like that.

Dad's gotta flyfish, haha.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think any of the standard stuff like flashback pheasant tails, copper john's, and scuds would work well. Oh yeah don't forget the san juan worms and egg patterns as well.

Most importantly be prepared for some WIND!! It's brutal this time of year.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought fly fishing stuff was the regular stuff.  ;D ??? ;D

·
Registered
273 Posts
Fished it Sat the 4th. Did well with brown SJ Worms. Fish were scattered to the holes, with more for the taking towards Spinney. Down below the big bows may need a little more time to make a big showing.

·
Registered
297 Posts
How much of the stream is open now? Last time I was up there the river was frozen all the way from 11 mile to above the bridge.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I really like throwing streamers on the dream stream. My favorite patterns are brown jonkers with a tungsten head, double bunnies in olive and natural, and yes...the tarpon fly. If you must use the split and indicator go egg, scud, midge in that order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts