Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody with a 6 inch auger tried to drill two holes on top of each other so that you end up one hole that looks like a figure 8 shape? Or even drill 3 holes close so that you end up with a cloverleaf pattern?

Just wondering if it is possible or would it be difficult. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've done it before, but with a power auger, wasn't a problem. The only issue is that the regs state a hole cannot be more than 10" in diameter.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Is your phone bigger than a ten inch hole?

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
What kind of phone was it? Go to the auto part store and get a retrieving magnet, the most powerful one they have, fix it to the end of your line and try to pull it up with that! I just checked my flip phone and the hinge part was able to be lifted with the magnet.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
i wonder what the ticket is if you make too big of holes? what if i was trying to recover my phone i dropped down the hole.
This is a major safety infraction issue so the penalty is a minimum $65.00 fine and points plus they can confiscate all your equipment!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I think it was hypothetical...he didnt really drop his work desk phone down a ice hole...

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
I hope so...only an icehole would do that!!! ::):madgrin:

·
Registered
633 Posts
I saw a great magnet with a nice handle that would work perfect for this. It was at harbor freight and it was a ***** to try to get off the metal shelf;). It will pull a phone up no problem!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I saw a great magnet with a nice handle that would work perfect for this. It was at harbor freight and it was a ***** to try to get off the metal shelf;). It will pull a phone up no problem!
Keep that away from the metal plate in Colonative's forehead!...

Jeff how big was thw thing and how much did it cost?

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
AS APPROVED - 11/13/2014
FINAL REGULATIONS - CHAPTER W-1 – FISHING
ARTICLE I - GENERAL PROVISIONS
#104 - SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
A. Any fish released upon catch must be released alive and into the same body of water from which it was taken. Transfer or transport of live fish is prohibited, except as otherwise permitted in the provisions of Article VII, #010 and Article I #104(H).
B. When fishing through the ice, the following additional restrictions apply:
1. Ice fishing holes shall not exceed 10 inches in diameter, or 10 inches on any side.
2. All fires on the ice must be enclosed in a container.
3. No litter may be left on the ice.
4. On waters where only portable shelters are permitted, all ice fishing shelters must be removed from the ice at the end of the day.
5. On waters where permanent ice fishing shelters are permitted; the name and customer identification number of the owner or user must be displayed on the outside, shore side, of the shelter, in legible, contrasting color letters at least 2 inches high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts