Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was listening to Hannety on 600 AM during my luchbreak. I love disagreeing with him..  He is for drilling in Federal reserved land for oil.  The idea is that we depend too much on foreign oil and by tapping these resources, we can become self-reliant (oil wise).  What do ya think????

MY opinion is when you give corporations an inch...they take a mile..

Pondfisher

·
Registered
943 Posts
i believe we need to develope some altrernate fuel sources and tell all the foreigners to kiss our butts.i mean we keep coming up with all this technology for everything else. why can't we come up with something? i think the oil companies have alot to do with that. i think thats why american car manufacturers are so behind the curve when it comes to hybrid cars and stuff like sy honda or toyota.sorry for the rant :mad:

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
No matter where you get your oil from, it's a finite resource, and we are rapidly depleting it, and when you're out, you're out.

We need to use our oil resources for the valuable chemical products we can make from crude oil, not just burn it up and let it blow away on the wind.

Alternate energy sources are the only way to go. The sooner we can get away from internal combustion engines, oil-fired power plants, oil heating, and the like, the better off we will be.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
more nukes! not the bombs but the power plants

·
Registered
804 Posts
I live in Western Colorado and its unbelievable of how many gas and oil wells are being tapped and the roads being built to access them. I know we need the resources. I just hope the environmental impact is keep to a minimum. There is a reason why people enjoy Colorado. I just hope we can keep it that way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The entire country doesn't have enough oil to last more than a few generations so we should quit focusing on getting what little is left, and come up with an alternative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts