Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
The two ice fishing tournaments at Lake John the first weekend in January and at the Delanies the first weekend in February have cars, trucks, 5th wheels, motor homes on the ice if snow isnt deep...people sleep on the ice for the 2 day john tourney...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Used to drive on lake john. learned you must move vehicle after an hour or so of arriving on lake because of the warmth of the vehicle would thaw snow and ice and would freeze tires in ice. after that, no problem.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I've read if you do drive on the ice you should move your vehicle every 2 hours so the heat doesn't create weak spots in the ice.
We used to have keg party's on the ice up in Minnesnowda. We'd build a big ass bonfire and circle the trucks around it. Had to keep the keg in a truck and run the hose out the window otherwise the tap would freeze. Good times, drinkin beer at 20 below!:der::crazy::der:

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Way back in 1990 a buddy of mine drive his 3/4 ton Power Stroke out on Smith Res in the San Luis valley.
You can drive on Sanchez to........im pretty sure your buddy's truck wasn't a Stroker unless your getting 1990 mixed up with 1994 or 95:-X

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
You can drive on Sanchez to........im pretty sure your buddy's truck wasn't a Stroker unless your getting 1990 mixed up with 1994 or 95:-X
we camped on the ice sanchez on back side of island back in the 80's, my ranger pickup with 4 wheel popup camper and buddys scout with 4 wheel popup, wasn't smartest thing I ever did, that ice was spooky. remember so locals buzzy thorough our campers with a snowmobile, that stopped when we did a little target practice with the 44 mag.....:rolleyes:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts