Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to the fork tomorrow. Does the park open at a set time or can I drive through any time? I have never taken trailridge and I think it will save some time.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Unless a storm closes the road up top, it is open 24 hrs as far as I know. They usually post at the entrance stations if it is closed up top so you know in advance. Hope this helps

·
Registered
267 Posts
depending where you are, it probobly won't save time. i live in lyons and it takes me the same amount of time to get to pumphouse weather i go through the park or down to I 70. if you're in or around denver, take i-70.

you can drive through any time, but it costs $15 or $20 if you don't have a parks pass. plus there is a VERY good chance the road will be shut down tonight. they closed it last night, it reopened late morning. it will suck to get up there and find it closed. been there myself. hope this helps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
just saw your in FC. i don't thimk it would save you much, but it would be a little quicker. still i wouldn't risk it being closed. you can call the park 303-586-2371 to find out before you head out . good luck.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked online and it said it was open with wet spots. It was updated at 9:30pm. I will check it in the morning and call the #. Thanks alot for the heads up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
troutaholic said:
John Gierach lives there I think and he has written quite a few fishing books
yes i knew who you were talking about. i see him around a lot. he is good friends with my shop's landlord, who builds bamboo flyrods.
it really is a small town. kinda nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts