Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a road that is easy to pull a big fifth wheel trailer over from the Stagecoach reservoir area to Trappers Lake? Like even paved, maybe?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
The only tar road that I am aware of is in west from Meeker that is the long way around...there is a tar road from Toponas that goes north and then west it is a wide gravel road that the last time I was on it it was a great road, pretty straight and level...comes back in from the northwest and is about 55 miles of gravel...there is a route north by Rifle that I think wouldnt be much fun pulling a 5th wheel...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually the road from Rifle is fine, just like the one from Craig. Just looking for a short cut from Kremmling, someone told me there was a paved road over Dunckley Pass.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Dunkley pass road is gravel - and hard on tires. Unless they paved it in the past couple of years. That is why I have called it the flattire wilderness.

s

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Dunckley is gravel. There's a few miles of pavement west of Yampa but thats it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Dunckley will beat the piss out of your fifth wheel! Between the washboards and the flats you'll more then likely get, you'd save time coming though Rifle or around through Steamboat/Craig.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Dunckley will beat the piss out of your fifth wheel! Between the washboards and the flats you'll more then likely get, you'd save time coming though Rifle or around through Steamboat/Craig.
And then you still need to rattle your teeth going over Ripple Creek pass before you get to the Trappers road!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dunkley pass road is gravel - and hard on tires. Unless they paved it in the past couple of years. That is why I have called it the flattire wilderness.

s
Ha,ha. As I remember you were one of the victims of that road some years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts