Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm hoping to go Ice fishing for the first time Saturday up in Georgetown Lake. Just wanted to get some up to date tips on the lake hot spots. Like where to find deep water. And jigs people had success with. Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not that I had great luck, but here is what we found a couple days ago up there. Ice is good, 8+" where we were. We parked closest lot to the dam with viewing station. Went out halfway across lake from there. Everywhere around there seemed to be about the same depth, 5-8'. We didn't get many, only landed 4 with another 4 or 5 bites/hookups. All fish we got were on worms. Tried mealies, eggs, and a few other things but didn't get much. Most were right near bottom, sitting still. Jigging didn't get much action for us. I wish I found deeper water too, but we had kids on tow and it was really windy, so we didn't move around.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I fished G-Town last weekend with my kids and FistFullaFish.. We all got skunked.. we were fishing out from the middle pull out on the main lake. Depth was 6' if i remember correctly.. and i tried spots all across the lake. No idea where the deeper area of the main lake is .. if there is a deeper area LOL

FFF managed 1 bite.. but i didnt even mark a single fish in 2 hours.. then my son's leg went down a nearby hole :( LMAO so we had to cut the trip short.

However.. early season.. like a month or so ago.. we fished the inlet side of the bridge.. depth was like 10-12' f i remember right.. Caught a TON of fish sight fishing!!

If I go there again i will def. be trying the inlet side of the bridge 1st!!

Hope that helps :)

oh yeah.. jigs.... We tried all types in the main lake and still got skunked.. on the inlet side they were hitting anything with a waxie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts