Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some dropshot stuff at bass pro yesterday to expand my dropshot game. I want to fish dropshots more...I think they have infinite potential. Whether you want to work something in place, reel it along the bottom, jig it...whatever, dropshots can be used. Went to the lake that I get all the saugeyes at and saw a bunch of bass along the shore. I started out with a fire tiger dreamshot soft plastic and was able to get one fish to commit to swallowing it. It was a decent largemouth but it proceeded to pop off during the fight. I fished with the dreamshot a bit longer with a couple lookers and decided to move to deeper water where the saugeyes typically are. I threw on a zoom soft plastic that looks a lot like a minnow and worked it along the bottom with a dropshot setup. Hooked a Saugeye like right away...not a hog but my first dropshot eye. Gonna go back tomorrow in the AM to see if I can get a bass to commit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
944 Posts
Dropshots are lethal. I know you're not a bait fisherman, but fishing live bait on dropshots is a ton of fun too. I'm thinking of one bait that those saugeyes would love.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts