Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do two lures on one line? Like a jighead and plastic on the bottom and a small jig further up? When I first started ice fishing a long time ago I sometimes used two lures on one line, good way to try different sizes, colors, types, etc to see what they want. Even reeled in a "double header" once, lots of fun. Thinking of going back to it.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dieseldoctor aka Eric Allee in one of his posts was using a tube on the bottom when he was dropshotting.

Seems like a good idea to increase your odds!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I used to do this all the time when fishing for walleye in rivers. Jighead on the bottom with a minnow, then just a minnow 12 - 18" above it.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I do it all the time for trout and panfish. You do have to watch out to avoid snagging the other lure when bringing up a fish, but it's usually not that big a deal. However, if I'm fishing a place known for a high percentage of real toads, I won't take the chance of breaking one off because my other bait hangs on the bottom of the hole.

·
Registered
16,498 Posts
However, if I'm fishing a place known for a high percentage of real toads, I won't take the chance of breaking one off because my other bait hangs on the bottom of the hole.
Exactly. It used to happen to us at 11-mile a lot. Once you lose a wall hanger you'll never go 2 again.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm used to 4 in South Dakota. It sucks during ice season hear in CO when I can only use 1 tip-up and one rod... All my other tip ups are collecting dust.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts