Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to add a report for the old DS. Hit it a couple times these past couple weeks. Real low flows. Lots of fish, but nothing huge. Haven't seen any real big lake fish, but there are some in there along with quite a few of the snake river cutts they stocked a while back. They are really colored up nice this time of year. Crowds are not heavy surprisingly. Couple tips for you all if you end up going. Lots of 8-14" fish. Mainly browns and some beat up hofers they stocked a while back. You can tell they have been caught repeatedly. Some big browns in the gauging station holes. A few big lake bows above the bridge as well. When I figure how to get these pics off my phone I will post them, but here are a couple from my camera. Typical flies - blood midges being the main pattern I caught most of mine with.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
We were there yesterday and caught some fish... left after a couple hours cause the wind was brutal and the crowd got huge... Slayed at 11 mile canyon. The flows are super low, and I saw zero fish that I suspected were lake fish.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great report. And great pics for a camera phone. "Nothing huge", you say . . . I'd be more than happy with your "mediocre" results.

smellzalilfishee said:
Good report and nice fish. What is that dude doing across the river????
Looks like he's flossing with 4X. No wait, that looks more like 5X.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the report. Those snake river cutts are pretty fish indeed.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Nice meeting you up there, I ended up hanging til about 11:30, got some subway then went over to ice the mile and caught two fish.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Koldkut - Nice seeing you again and I was wondering if you got into any on the lake. That wind was just horrible up there. Par for the course this time of year I guess.

I recognize that guy in the background. Same guy that got his ugly mug in the Field & Stream mag during the brown run a year back. >:D

Think that is the guy that caused my other cousin to lose his world record brown a couple years back too >:D ;D

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Troutslayer said:
Hey Koldkut - Nice seeing you again and I was wondering if you got into any on the lake. That wind was just horrible up there. Par for the course this time of year I guess.

I recognize that guy in the background. Same guy that got his ugly mug in the Field & Stream mag during the brown run a year back. >:D

Think that is the guy that caused my other cousin to lose his world record brown a couple years back too >:D ;D
Thanks to the vexilar and a bobber suspended jig, I got two on the reservoir. Also broke two ice rods.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts