Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the wind on the lake in summer, and how deep do the lake trout go? I just copped an inflatable boat and I'm buying a trolling motor. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Wind starts picking up everyday at 10:00. If its a little breezy at daylight your gonna be screwed. You can still find them shallower than 60.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
Yep, if you're camping there and it's cloudy and breezy when you go to bed, in the morning you can sit back drinking your coffee and watch popup camper trailers rolling across the campground! Have seen it twice now and happened to a cousin of mine!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dave,

What size inflatable? You should be fine... You should be able to launch from the west shoreline, with a west wind, it will be protected (weather shore) for return. The fish will be in similar areas as mid winter.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you terre! We need to meet up and wet lines.

I got a 8 person boat... I'm building a floor for it and then it should be ready to go.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Thank you terre! We need to meet up and wet lines.

I got a 8 person boat... I'm building a floor for it and then it should be ready to go.
You will have more rough water capacity then most any boat on the lake.

We do need to wet some lines, soon, my work has been a little hectic.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You will have more rough water capacity then most any boat on the lake.
I get that. Work has been real hectic with me as well as other things. I've been traveling and doing a lot of out of town work. I'm trying to go to Houston after the 4th for a hitch. Sucks being away from home but I'm not gonna turn down the money.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You will die.

Please take video.
Guess what, cock boy?

I didn't die today! Boated your toon off the West Point. It was breezy this morning but it died quick. Fished 50 yards and found 100 feet... Bottom was lit up but lakers were lockjawed. Will be back in the fall... With thicker waders.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Saw that on the FXR... Laughed My ass off...
Wondered if anyone else would have the same comedic reaction...
I guess You did!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Lol. For a forum full of fruitcakes who hate me.... They sure love talking about me.

Probably because they know I'm banned....

Edit: didn't see anything with my name on there. Looks like Dave coulson has tiny dick syndrome again.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Guess what, cock boy?

I didn't die today! Boated your toon off the West Point. It was breezy this morning but it died quick. Fished 50 yards and found 100 feet... Bottom was lit up but lakers were lockjawed. Will be back in the fall... With thicker waders.

Another skunk for the Goon? You don't say....

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
And with GPS, so with can find it on his rotting corpse at the bottom of the lake.

Can you imagine fishing his rotting corpse. Huge fish just feedng for months. We can just jig around it and pull up beast. We would have to tip our jigs with chicken mcnuggets , or whatever goon is filled with.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Can you imagine fishing his rotting corpse. Huge fish just feedng for months. We can just jig around it and pull up beast. We would have to tip our jigs with chicken mcnuggets , or whatever goon is filled with.

What are you filled up with Goldie? Llamma Seaman?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another skunk for the Goon? You don't say....
First skunk in 3 months, girlfriend. Don't worry though, I saved the day at shadow mtn. Don't you have some cornholing to do in a keith county cornfield? Stay off my lakes, fagbot.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts