Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ey everyone, got the fly rod out for the first time this year this morning. Saw some type of hatch, not exactly sure what it was. I tried several flies and ended up having action on a size 20 scud, I don't think it was an exact match but I did manage to land three rainbows on it and had one shake off. Pretty cold out and had some ice in the guides. Tried getting a good fighting pic but with my hands as cold, and holding my phone in my left hand I was worried I'd drop the phone in the water. ..lol. got a few pics anyway. I'll prolly go back out again this week. Tight lines.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the rubber net I'm using for trout these days. I bought the rubber material and replaced the original fabric net .

·
Registered
385 Posts
They sell that rubber netting all over Cabellas, Bass pro etc.? Mine litterally is riddled with holes from cutting lures out. Nto to mention better on the fish.

Nice work on Fairy Wand;)

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They sell that rubber netting all over Cabellas, Bass pro etc.? Mine litterally is riddled with holes from cutting lures out. Nto to mention better on the fish.

Nice work on Fairy Wand;)
Thanks dude. They got it at bass pro. Really helps with jerkbaits I can't stand how the hooks stick in the fabric!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great job! It was not a scud hatch. They are essentially fresh water shrimp.
More than likely it was a midge hatch.

Again, good work getting out!

Thanks man. Ya I had a couple flies that looked (to me) more like what was hatching but the fish didn't hit those for me. I think maybe the scud worked since it was closer in size then my other flies. I tried it cuz it was one of the smallest flies I had in the box , and the flies I saw the fish feeding on were tiny. I picked up a couple new flies yesterday to try out.. hopefully they'll work well, I'll post again if they do. Tight lines man.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts