Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

dynamic dynamo?

5K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  discloco 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Highly overrated? Sounds like sour grapes that have nothing to do with the actual products.

I only have a few of their lures, but so far I'm very happy with them! Which to me is awesome on a few different levels. One being it's a Colorado company that actually has a staff full of anglers! Then to top it off it looks like they're now working with Eagle Claw! Double whammy of Colorado's finest making fish catching products. If anything they're underrated.

#5 ·
SWIMBAITGEEK said:
TroutFishingBear said:
dynamic lures are highly overrated. Not too big of a fan myself.
WOW, you sound EXACTLY like your buddy doug miller, 2 peas in a pod
lol...maybe doug isn't as stupid as I thought...nah...can't believe I just said that...but perhaps I agree with him in this one situation. from my 23 years of angling experience that has yielded a state record award, and several other fish that would have been state records had I not been in the middle of nowhere with no way to record the data and not enough witnesses, I can say that as long as you have a lure that is near the size of the forage and the approximate color of the forage, and you present it at an appropriate speed and depth level, you will catch fish...just because a lure is a certain brand does not make it awesome..that's what I meant, and I find some of the dynamic salesman to be too pushy and perhaps misleading with their statements.

dieseldoctor said:
Highly overrated? Sounds like sour grapes that have nothing to do with the actual products.

I only have a few of their lures, but so far I'm very happy with them! Which to me is awesome on a few different levels. One being it's a Colorado company that actually has a staff full of anglers! Then to top it off it looks like they're now working with Eagle Claw! Double whammy of Colorado's finest making fish catching products. If anything they're underrated.
lol it is kind of sour grapes, I don't lie and I will admit this...I don't like the guys that are trying to sell them, at least, the ones I've met were big time jerks and I don't like to support people I find that are rather unethical and unpersonable. I can dig it supporting the local economy and all, but again, I don't think they are any better than any other lure and I don't think they have enough choices of size, color, etc to fit the needs I have as an angler...course that will change with time I'm sure.

#7 ·
dieseldoctor said:
They should hire Kenny Brooks to sell Dynamic lures!!!
http://youtu.be/LAo-DmzdvK0
lmfao!!!!!!!
I will also say I don't blame the dynamic guys pushing their lures a bit too hard; after all I had a part-time job this past fall selling RC helicopters at JCP for a sales company called MCG (I'm sure at least a couple of you guys had these helicopters pushed on you during the holiday season)...I didn't think the helicopters were the best ever, but sold them as such...however I will admit if someone asked me a question about their function(s) I did not and would not lie. But to make my point clear, times are tough, and I totally dig someone trying to make some bucks and put food on the table and a roof over their head for their family...even if the lures aren't revolutionary as claimed I'm sure they do work well in certain conditions.

#8 ·
So, TFB... did you actually click the link or just go on a Dynamic hate front? Cause the thread isn't about Dynamic lures... just a thought about another company making some that look nearly identical... But I guess that doesn't matter, just an op to dog out a local lure company!

Dynamic lures are good lures that are made locally.. they catch fish.. Sometimes HUGE fish. Will they make you the best fisherman around? nope, but they will catch fish and frankly, for 13 bones, I am super impressed with the Dynamos.. they swim well and suspend perfect.

I am not affiliated with Dynamic, and I am not brand loyal to any single company. I just like local companies that make good products at a reasonable price.

As far as the knock offs, they seem to be higher priced for a very similar product... I'll stay local myself.

#9 ·
Oyey said:
So, TFB... did you actually click the link or just go on a Dynamic hate front? Cause the thread isn't about Dynamic lures... just a thought about another company making some that look nearly identical... But I guess that doesn't matter, just an op to dog out a local lure company!

Dynamic lures are good lures that are made locally.. they catch fish.. Sometimes HUGE fish. Will they make you the best fisherman around? nope, but they will catch fish and frankly, for 13 bones, I am super impressed with the Dynamos.. they swim well and suspend perfect.

I am not affiliated with Dynamic, and I am not brand loyal to any single company. I just like local companies that make good products at a reasonable price.

As far as the knock offs, they seem to be higher priced for a very similar product... I'll stay local myself.
I like the looks of the knock-offs better personally, however I haven't tried them so they may suck for all I know. If 13 dollar dynamics work for you, keep using them...I'll stick to other, cheaper lures because they work better for me. Last week I threw my last dynamic HD trout into a tree...I didn't really care...I just tied on and threw a CC Shad and caught more and bigger fish.

#10 ·
A quick look they do look similar but if you look a lil bit harder, completely different!!! Dynamo has dorsal fins, better color and a totally different tail!!!
http://www.dynamiclures.com/dynamic-lures/dynamo/

Hey TFB, I've never seen a fish in a tree unless it was in a birds mouth!!! Were you casting at a bird? >:D J/K!!!

not really!!!

#11 ·
TthePikester said:
Hey TFB, I've never seen a fish in a tree unless it was in a birds mouth!!! Were you casting at a bird? >:D J/K!!!

not really!!!
well I was tired of not catching anything with the HD trout, but I forgot my fishing scissors. Decided to not bite it off and save my teeth the trouble, so I cast the lure into the tree and snapped it off so I could change lures ;D

#12 ·
Anyway, those look similar from a glance but there are no lipped ones. As for the self proclaimed best fisher around, the XXL is revolutionary. The ability to change the sink or rise rate of the lure OR the amount of noise it makes without permanently changing it is something I don't see anywhere else???

The HD, nope, not much different than many. Some do and some don't, doesn't matter to me if people like them or not, and by the way, Doug Miller LOVES the new series O0 O0 He bought all he could when they hit SW.

#13 ·
SWIMBAITGEEK said:
As for the self proclaimed best fisher around, the XXL is revolutionary. The ability to change the sink or rise rate of the lure OR the amount of noise it makes without permanently changing it is something I don't see anywhere else???
tru tungsten died. that's why you don't see it anywhere else. took the swimbait bb concept and applied it to a jerkbait.

#16 ·
This post has gotten out of hand. Please refrain from adding anymore observations of grandmothers!

TFB, pretty sure of yourself. That's hilarious about casting in a tree.

I remember a post regarding dynamic lures that went straight into a pissing contest, so I will refrain from commenting.

However, where are the lures actually made? I would really like to take a tour of their facility. Where is it located in Colorado? It would probably be worth the drive.

#19 ·
discloco said:
This post has gotten out of hand. Please refrain from adding anymore observations of grandmothers!

TFB, pretty sure of yourself. That's hilarious about casting in a tree.

I remember a post regarding dynamic lures that went straight into a pissing contest, so I will refrain from commenting.

However, where are the lures actually made? I would really like to take a tour of their facility. Where is it located in Colorado? It would probably be worth the drive.

I thought I heard they are made in China ???

#25 ·
I will say this, they catch fish but the customer service is out of this world.
That alone will have me buying more. A friend emailed the company on Tuesday new lures at his door on Friday! Can't be beat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.