Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I am not paid or sponsered by Dynamic Lures...

You would [i]Think[/i] though, that as many reports as I post, that the Dynamic guys would've shown up at my door offering to pimp out my Jeep (if they could add their logo somewhere) and give me a tackle box full of their baits :D

Ok, so I know I don't catch big fish as often as Jeremy (soulsearcher), and I'm not a "cute" ;) blonde that does well fishing the Big Thompson, but still... I've posted a few Master Angler sized Rainbows, lots of Largemouth, Smallmouth, and Perch. One Brown Trout and a Crappie less than an inch off. Plus my wife has gotten a MA sized Bluegill and a few Large and Smallmouth Bass.

You'd think they would at least show up w/ a tray of HDs and a hoodie (I like maroon and I wear XXL ;))

Anyways ;D

I love the small cd Rapalas for streams, but after that I did have a void in my lure selection. I've never cared for the action of the size 3 or 5 cds. The next minnow bait I'd use was a Rebel Ghost. Good lure and worked well "Crashing the Hatch" (ask diesledoctor or Muskyman). After the Rebels, I'll jump up to Xraps.

After fishing the HD a few outings, I'll not only be using it between cd and raps, but sometimes in place of either. Real nice wobble, holds steady in currant and lifelike action stalled, jerked or burned in..

So here's my post (not all HD)

Sometime in later November I headed up the Poudre (Actually was headed up further, but hadn't planned on the weather) I love that river though :)
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/jamesfs/048-1.jpg

Started catching right away, on usual baits

Drove down aways to one of my favorite spots, took awhile, but started getting em

Decided to tie on a HD

Now, I fished one rod w/ a Dynamic, and another w/ various smaller lures. I did catch more and bigger on the HD, including my first ever on that bait. Not too impressive (ok not at all, but still stoked to catch on the new lure)

I hit double digits in this spot alone (although I did some walking), catching a mix of Bows and Browns. By the end of the day, I had more than enough confidence in the HDs

Great day on the Poudre!

A couple hwy 34 Bighorn pictures from November

I've also had success with Dynamic HDs in the Big Thompson (which I live minutes from).

same fish, just shows spot

I'll add one more thing about Dynamic.. Right after I placed my order, I realized that I had switched to paypall at the last moment. Not realizing my address on pp was old. I contacted Terry (FlyFishGeek) and Brian(?) from Dynamic. They both responded quickly, and fixed the address (thanks again guys). I had my baits in no time (Oh, and I should add, threw in a nice Dynamic keychain ;D) I'll be ordering from them again this winter.

Thanks for reading :)

Oh, and Dynamic guys...

maroon XXL ;)

Good Night

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am also very impressed with the HD trout lures from Dynamic.
Caught so many fish this year that I have placed a order with Brian for 6 each of all the trout lures including the new colors and the new larger version as soon as they are available. Nearest dealer to Loveland is in Aurora. Anyone wanting to try them out I should have a few extras.
Anxiously awaiting my shipment. If interested send me your e-mail address and I can let you know when I get them.
[email protected] Brian is a great guy and I for one intend to support a local Colorado company.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Great stuff James !! All the hoodie talk ??? maroon ??? blonde ??? Brian, the owner, ordered that for his wife and she didn't like the color, I am not exactly sure how it ended up where it did ???

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good & funny read! Hopefully you get your hoodie ;) :D

Great post.

D.J.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice job James. Those are interesting looking lures, I've seen a few other reports with people using the Dynamic lures. Where are you gettinng 'em at? What about the hd in this report, is it suspending? Anyway again nice report! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice fish. That sure is a beautiful river. Nice nature shots as well.

What line do you use with your lures? I've lost a couple lures in the lake and was debating using something heavier like a fused line... Or work more on technique...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JWurgaft said:
Nice job James. Those are interesting looking lures, I've seen a few other reports with people using the Dynamic lures. Where are you gettinng 'em at? What about the hd in this report, is it suspending? Anyway again nice report! :)
Jevan, I might go to the ISE (probably go fishing instead ;D) if I do, I'll pick one up for you. Otherwise I'll probably order a couple more soon.. Hey, fishing tomorrow? I'll pm you..

bigfatkahuna said:
Nice fish. That sure is a beautiful river. Nice nature shots as well.

What line do you use with your lures? I've lost a couple lures in the lake and was debating using something heavier like a fused line... Or work more on technique...
For Trout I've been using 4lb P-line Floraclear. I like it, but after watching Fishful Thinker a lot, I may switch to a braid w/ a floral leaer this spring..

Thanks everyone :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
James, Great photos on the Poudre. I have heard nothing but good comments about Dynamic Lures. Sorry I didn't make to the expo a few weeks ago with Josh & Devin, even though I had the day off. We just didn't "Hook Up". :( BOTTOM FEEDER! 8)

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BOTTOM FEEDER said:
James, Great photos on the Poudre. I have heard nothing but good comments about Dynamic Lures. Sorry I didn't make to the expo a few weeks ago with Josh & Devin, even though I had the day off. We just didn't "Hook Up". :( BOTTOM FEEDER! 8)
If Josh and Devin need a guide, tell em I'll take em out and get them into some fish.. >:D

As for the Dynamics.. wait till you see what I caught out of your favorite lake on one... ;)

Water's opening up in the valley, start getting your stuff ready..

Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts