Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coleman came down and we stopped at the henhouse for a nice b-fast. then to the lake at 8:00. this was a no trolling, no rigging, no bait trip, the first stop there were a lot of fish, but none were hungry. we met up with fish head and he had a crappie in the box and had caught an undersize eye, we both moved to another spot where I put a crappie in the box and caught a short eye and lost 2 at the boat. then it seamed we had worn out our welcome there so we moved again, where I tied on a different rig, and on the first cast I put a 18 1/2 eye in the box. we said good by to fish head and headed to the dock where we pulled out at 11:30.

a friend of mine caught a MA eye at 7 1/2 lbs yesterday

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
It's interesting how most of your reports start with a meeting with Coleman and breakfast at the HenHouse. It reflects the vicissitude of your numerous years fishing the reservoir and probably as many years of friendship with Coleman. Life as a retiree... They say that a regular schedule is good for longevity. A couple of more decades for me (until retirement)… But maybe not as much regularity or longevity. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
They have been a lot tougher the last week! What was the water temp yesterday? It had gotten back up to 63 on Monday.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
It's interesting how most of your reports start with a meeting with Coleman and breakfast at the HenHouse. It reflects the vicissitude of your numerous years fishing the reservoir and probably as many years of friendship with Coleman. Life as a retiree... They say that a regular schedule is good for longevity. A couple of more decades for me (until retirement)… But maybe not as much regularity or longevity. :biggrin1:
Pretty hard to add any more than that. :thumb:

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
answer

you see we are a couple of retired fat old fire fighters who like to eat, also we have been tourney partners for several years, and I think we are the only people who can stand to be cooped up in a boat with ether one of us for any length of time. the other thing is we love to catch walleyes and wipers and a short trip works good for us at times and we can get off the lake before the jet skis and wake boats irritate us, we get irritated easy.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
you see we are a couple of retired fat old fire fighters who like to eat, also we have been tourney partners for several years, and I think we are the only people who can stand to be cooped up in a boat with ether one of us for any length of time. the other thing is we love to catch walleyes and wipers and a short trip works good for us at times and we can get off the lake before the jet skis and wake boats irritate us, we get irritated easy.
You know, I just realized something: even your names are a good match. Mr B and Mr C. I currently only have a couple of friends that I see myself fishing with when I am retired.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Nice Byron...sounds like you switched it up and tried a few different things. I usually take looong days..getting out once a week or so..and driving, I just want to get the most bang for the buck so to speak..and once on a lake. I really don't want to leave..

But, you're right there and can run down whenever you want...probably do the same in that situation.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I guess I need to get out soon. Good day Byron!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts