Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice rod. Extremely well-made for the price. I've taken it out twice now and it casts and retrieves very smoothly. Very good little rod, still waiting on a fish to take a bait so I can review it's response to a pull or run.

The rod has a nice split grip and high quality cork. The drag system on the reel is good, but not great... Not quite as smooth as I'd like, but for $35 for the whole combo, it's a GREAT deal!

Highly recommended. Great stuff, AS ALWAYS, by Eagle Claw.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
:(Dang it. I just purchase two ultralight setups a few days ago or I would be all over that one Opry.

Sweet set-up at a good price.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Great setup there Owen!!! :thumb::biggrin1:
Damn the baby is growing fast, be beatin off the hillbilly moonshiners here soon!!! ::)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas!

And yea, Tony... Last time you saw the little one she was about 10 pounds and a couple months old. Now she's running around like a crazed banshee on crack. LOL!!
They grow up so fast.

I'm probably going to buy a couple more of these combos and make some nice PVC rod cases for them. Give em to the girls when they're old enough to fish. Daisy isn't far away now... Maybe in the fall I can get her to reel in a couple bluegill. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts