Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Eagle Claw sale was this past weekend and I was realy looking forward to getting some new gear.  Sale started at 10, we showed up at 9:30.  Figured there would be a line, and there was.  But to our surprise, we see people already walking out of the building at 9:30.  Now I am not exagerating, some of these people had 20+ poles they were taking out with boxes of other misc reels and other items.  People were dragging those 55 gallon cardboard drums out of there completely full of stuff.

Come to find out, they were all employees of Eagle Claw, and they were allowed in 1 hour before the general public was allowed in.  Thanks to those people, by the time the public allowed in, all there was left was a few cheap light rods, and a couple reels.  They were gone in the first 10 minutes.  They had thousands of hooks, but they were all either size 8, or size 14, and then some huge bass and walleye hooks.  Very limited fly tackle, and a few jars of Nitro Bait.  Good prices on the few things left, but ultrimately it was a complete waste of time. 

Thanks Eagle Claw for not limiting what your employees could purchase.  They ended up taking thier 20+ 8 foot rods to the flea market and selling them for regular price, and making money off the company's generosity.  Yet your loyal followers who could really USE the stuff, got the shaft and ended up with nill.  Great waste of a Saturday Morning.  My next rant is going to the idiots who let these employees take advantage of the situation.  But I felt it was important for people to know about the companies lack of attention to the people who are trying to keep it in business.  Its really a shame that the customer means so little to them.

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
Fishing_Fiend said:
Come to find out, they were all employees of Eagle Claw, and they were allowed in 1 hour before the general public was allowed in.  Thanks to those @$$holes, by the time we were allowed in, all there was left was a few cheap light rods, and a couple reels.  They were gone in the first 10 minutes.  They had thousands of hooks, but they were all either size 8, or size 14, and then some huge bass and walleye hooks.  Very limited fly tackle, and a few jars of Nitro Bait.  Good prices on the few things left, but ultrimately it was a complete waste of time.

FF...I have read and admired your posts I have read in the few months I've been on this site,sorry you had a bad time at this sale and am going to respond on my own behalf of your rude insult of @$$hole employees without going against the rules of the site that I agreed to when I registered! YES I am an employee of Eagle Claw, Yes I was there early and Yes I did buy 4 rods(trailmasters) and 4 packs of Nitro bait all of which my wife and I are donating to the Montana Pikemasters Take a Kids fishing event next month. I do agree that some folks did go a lil overboard, but every company that has such a sale has an employee sale prior to the public, and they have enough to go around for both parties!!! When we left at just before 10:00 there were cases upon cases of differant rod combos,nitro bait, trailmasters,etc... plus there was a whole warehouse of goods behind the main wall waiting to be put out. If you have a problem with the way it was handled just call customer service, don't come on a public forum spewing rude profanity insults generalizing all employees like myself. Other folks on this site were there,and though they didn't get exactly what they thought would be there I didn't hear them complain or call ME an @$$HOLE!!!! I think you should just be happy the company thought enough of the fisherman of Colorado  to do this for them,you could have gone elsewhere and paid 80% more for what you did get, but then they would be @$$holes for charging to much.
    Eagle Claw is a great company, not just because I and a few other members here work there, but because they do alot for the public, for charities, and the sport!
    Sorry for the rant folks but I really took the insult personally,
FF next time enter without the blinders on!!!!   ???

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i for one am glad eagle claw let there employees have first shot at the stuff

for one they are the ones that work there and if anyone should get a break on prices it should be them first

most places let there employees come last or dont care if any of the workers get anything on sale

i just wish i lived closer to denver so i could have stood in line to go see what was on sale and see if i could have gotten me something

·
Registered
410 Posts
Its a company's employees that makes any company succeed or fail. I think its great that they gave back to their employees! Sounds like a great company to work for.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
make no mistake, I agree with you all totally.  The employees should get some kickback for thier troubles.  But why did they let them clean the place out before the public was let in.  Like i said, there were people with more rods and reels then they could ever use walking out of there.  I just wish they would have limited the quantity of what they were allowed to take out.  There was a line that wrapped out the front of the building and all the way down in fron of the plant.  I mean there were a lot of normal everday patrons waiting for this sale.  Most of them walked into an empty room.

All I am saying is give the employees a day for the sale or whatever, but why advertise to the public if you are only planning on selling the merchandise to your employees.

I apologize for the comments made before.  I was on a rant myself.  But they did not go into the back warehouse and restock the depleated items.  There were thousands of those trailmaster rods, and some other ultralites, but they were depleted very quickly.  We left and went to Bass Pro and came back about 11:30 to find an empty room and still a few hundred people in line.

I apologize for the offense anyone has taken in my post, but there were a lot of places I could have been that morning.  I made the choice to go across town to this sale and be disapointed.  I too am a loyal fan of Eagle Claw, and truth be told, that is where my disapointment stems from.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First I would like to publicly apologize for the rant this morning.  I read it over now that Ive had my coffee and I did not mean it to sound as severe as I made it.  I have nothing but repect for the employees of Eagle Claw and ask your forgiveness for "attacking" your actions this weekend.  I only meant to convey my disapointment.  I drove a ways to get to that sale, and was upset that we were in the first 20 in the store and only got to sort through the things that were "left behind".  I didn't mean to throw a tantrum on the subject, I just started writing and it all came out.  Again I apologize for any offense.

Eric
The Fiend

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had to work on Saturday morning. I got there at 12:00 and all that was left were small combos with no line capacity. They had no fly equipment at all. The
one-piece pole I did buy had a guide missing that was covered up by the cardboard. Needless to say, I wouldn't ever go there again.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I was there , about 22nd in line. When I got inside , yes there was plenty, but the rods were the 1st to go. I saw one person walking out with at least 20 rods, he was evan carrying the barrel they were sitting in. Whatever was one the floor was the only equipment  I saw the staff unpacking. I never once saw anyone going to the backroom and bringing anything new out to sell! The rod combos that were selling for 10 bucks were only worth 10 bucks. The Nitro bait pack was a great deal for 4 bucks. I was there 2x,  early and late thinking they would bring out some other items. ok sale !

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
     FF...Since I took the remark personally I accept your apology and  would like to apologize back to you. I respect everyone on the water with a rod in his hand unless their actions are wrong to myself and others to disrespect the sport.You cooling off and coming back the way you did I respect!!!! I don't mean to pi$$ anybody off on this site or anywhere else, but if I do please just remember it's the lil Pike voices in the back of my head guiding me!!!  ;D
    Good luck and hope to cya on the water!!!

PS...to defend the company I work for, K-Mart, sears, wal-mart as for many factories do not open products for sale to employees or the public. They crush them. I have seek this with my own eyes and they have guards there at the scene to keep out anybody trying to walk off with the goodies. Coors only sells to the employees at their discount wagon. I respect all that give me a sense of job security!!! TYTYTY !!!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I think it is lame to publicly advertised a sale and than let your employees by all the stuff before you let the public have a shot. Its like saying we're having a sale and the first 100 people will be allowed in but we have to let in our 90 employees in first. I have nothing bad to say about the people who work there. Id go in first if I was in their shoes. As far as buying the stuff for kids or for some sort of non-profit I really respect you for that. Eagleclaw should take a page from your book and have donated a bunch of stuff to kids groups.

I went there and picked up a bunch of hooks for like $10.00.like 6pks of circle hooks for what I would have paid $20.00

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
633 Posts
Eagle Claw just donated a bunch of stuff to our Kids Fishing Expo we put on this Friday and Saturday!!! Plenty of hooks, swivels, dehookers and packs of Nitro Baits for the kids. The kids couldn't have been more excited!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey guys after reading the posts I have seen Nitro Pak come up a lot. I am not a bait fisherman as a whole so I might have missed it in the stores. What is that? When I fish with bait its usually worms or catfish stink baits. Sometimes I like to cast some worms and take a nap as the trout sniff out my bait so I might want to give this stuff a try. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nitro baits are dough baits, liquid and grease type of scent baits. Also imitation trout eggs, trout gems, catfish bait, and scented worms.
The super pack is a bottle of gravy, jar of eggs, and
two jars of dough bait. Available at Sportsmans and we are shipping some to Garts this week.
Fish crave it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
We were going to go, but just had to many things to do that morning and couldn't make it. Good or bad sale, we think we have enough stuff in our tackle box as it is!!
Cody

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We'll see. Supposedly they only do it like every 10 or 15 years from what the guy at the counter said. But unless they provide thier employees with a different sale day or limit what they can pull out, I will not ever waste my time with it again.

Eagle Claw does great things, and most of thier employees are great, but I spent most of that morning at BassPro. I don't need to wake up early and make special plans for that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts