Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and some friends have been trying our luck with bass the past few weeks in Fort Collins/Loveland area and haven't had much luck. we tried horestooth reservoir twice using cranks, jerk baits, top poppers, and soft plastics and have not had any bites from the small mouth. Also tried lone tree reservoir in Loveland using the same techniques along with a few shad imitations and again, no luck with the small or large mouth.

Finally had some success last night on snapper pond at Arapahoe bend. Caught 4 large mouth ranging from 12-15" on top water poppers. Most activity was seen from about 5-8pm. I'm sure this had a lot to do with the higher water temps in the ponds compared to the larger reservoirs but I'm hoping the bass fishing will pick up in the next few weeks.

I'm wondering if anyone in the area has had success catching bass. If so, could you share where and what lures/techniques have been working well. Thanks for reading!;D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Im sure people have, they have been being all over the state for atleast a month. Fort Collins has some good fishing spots

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been through most of the threads after searching Fort Collins and got some great info.. was just looking for some current reports on bass in the area. I've had good fishing here late April/ early May previous years and it just seems slower this year. Thanks for the responses!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts