Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fall break beginning October 28th...I'm geared and ready!!! Any ice by the 28th? St. Mary's? Brainard?

I know we were up at St. Mary's last year by the second week of November...with around 12-14 inches of ice already so 28th sounds doable, no? HA HA

Fish on!

·
Registered
16,570 Posts
I suppose it depends on the size of your onions? ;D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not Jesus but I've been on two inches with a life jacket so I'm game. End of the month Rob...not now ninja!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
da_teacher said:
I'm not Jesus but I've been on two inches with a life jacket so I'm game. End of the month Rob...not now ninja!
Take one of your models with pfd's built into her chest up there, she'd float... If anything, you'll get to see how cold it is by her natural barometers.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Temps. at Both Brainard and St. mary's Per NOAA are high 40's for the high.. And lows are in the low 30's besides 1 day where it falls to 29 degrees. Shows Chance of snow this weekend up there though.. Doubt it can stick.

Guess we will have to wait until we see the 1st report ;)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I can usually get on the ice around thanksgiving up on the Grand Mesa here on the west slope. Only a few lakes up there are worth fishing though, my wife caught this gorgeous cutty last year:

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Early ice?...same time as every year...before you all get excited that its not forming...old man winter will show up the same time he does every year...go do a search of last years posts...to see when you can get hopeful...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts