Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out this afternoon for a few hours to target bass for the first time this year. Tried cranks, senkos, and mr. twisters. Was able to produce one nice 17" bass (I think it was a spotted bass). Caught loads of small Harvey Gap style perch and a few bluegill. All in all not a bad day out, but we still need some steady temperatures to turn the fish on.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Where's the 17" bass????
That one in the pic is not a spotted bass btw

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
/\/\X3/\/\ And a 17" spot would be close to a state record (4lbs 7oz. 17.75")!
I think it is just a crummy pic. I was thinking it was a spot because the upper jaw didn't come past the eye and the dorsal fin was completely connected. Maybe just a funky largemouth.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
A 17" almost four and a half pound spot is pretty chunky. Lots of 17" spots don't weigh three.

I like spots, but them damn plomos got the lock. Plebs... what a dump.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
A 17" almost four and a half pound spot is pretty chunky. Lots of 17" spots don't weigh three.

I like spots, but them damn plomos got the lock. Plebs... what a dump.
Yeah I'm starting to think alot of Colorado's "state records" are not real! The one that gets me the most is yellow perch! I have seen alot of BIG perch but I have never seen a 2lbs 9oz. perch the was only 13.63" long. I have caught REALLY fat perch just under 15" in early spring full of eggs that barely weighed over 2lbs.

Something smells fishy around here!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Since we have Northern strain Largies here, the jaw line is misleading. It is not as pronounced as a FL strain, and easily confused. What you have is a Northern strain Largie.

Pretty good day of fishing in February.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Right on dude. Just think how many fish you could've slammed if you had some braid on your spool! JK mang..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts