Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a couple hours at East Portal after scouting for turkey hunting for tomorrow. Cold water and lots of loose moss from the increased flows the last week for Tunnel water for the irrigation season just starting. Managed 2 decent spawned out Hofer RBT, small brown n a decent brown in two hours on a Yo-zuri crank and an HD Trout in Crawfire color. Tried the usual jigs but the drug moss early into the retrieve. Got moved out of my spot two times on separate places by two different groups fishing the spawning redds. I was fishing for browns below the redds in the slower deeper eddies. The second group at the boat launch were using spinners at first then started blowing up night crawlers. I called the CPW poacher# and got a recording again. Third time in a row that has happened. Last two times on spot lighters in neighbors cows WTF? Arm was sore anyway and needed to get home to get turkey stuff rounded up for tomorrow. Couple pics on Fish Exploiter thread if you must. Wish this site was phone friendly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice work. Glad you are getting out. Austin and I tried over the weekend around here but we just are struggling to find water that has good fishing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I understand they are going to be doing some road/landscape work on the East Portal drive - could make delays up to 4 hours. That kind of scared me off from driving down to the river. However, four extra hours might be nice unless they screw up the road and then what do you do?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coach I know some good water over there n send a PM. Ya Pilot Jim so decided that might be my last shot at the Portal till July. That's when I do best anyway most years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts