Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else going out on Sunday? I am not doing anything for easter except goin fishin if the winds are mild :^) Would you guys expect the res. to be crowded? or abandoned b/c of the holidy? I dont know whether to expect a crapload of people or nobody.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
I don't know about Chatfield Res, but last Easter Quincy was pretty packed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
We are headed out right now. With the forecast, I expect to see a little crowd... Hope not.

·
Registered
198 Posts
hey guy's...not crowded at all! on the water at 10a, off at 6p. one walleye(fat 17 incher), three smallies. pretty slow me. all on jigs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What color of jigs?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had a monster hit off the dam on Friday night. I thought it was a snag at first until the thing bolted to the right while dragging line out. The fight ended in about 20 seconds (when my line snapped).

Friendly reminder - For those that are still using their flouro leaders from last year, it might be a good idea to replace them. My 8# leader snapped right at the knot and I'm about 90% sure that this was due to it being brittle from being used last year. The fish hit hard, but I'm almost positive it wasn't cut on any rocks or snapped from the force generated from the fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts