Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

· Registered
6,188 Posts
God you're dumb. I'm talking about Baja California. It's actually a country with many different cities!
You don't say.

Like I said, ruin perfectly good fish with a ton of **** on top.

Really I couldn't care less what people eat, I just had to bust slayers balls - all the **** he gives me about brewing my own beer and trying new things, meanwhile he drinks keystone and then goes and fucks up fish like that..... Classic hypocrite.

I guess if you think good beer is keystone (or miller or any other domestic massive brew garbage) its not surprising that some think a "taco" like that is good eats.

If ya like it, eat it or drink it. If you ever want to try some good beer on the ice, let me know, unless your slayer - just sit over there and drink that moose piss.

· Registered
1,674 Posts
While i wouldn't turn slayers dish down, its not a fish taco, its walleye smothered in Tex Mex.

My ol man lives down in San Felipe, Baja California. The taco stands there are my favorite place to grub.

And if you want REAL fish tacos. Make them out of one of these

· Registered
6,273 Posts
While i wouldn't turn slayers dish down, its not a fish taco, its walleye smothered in Tex Mex.

My ol man lives down in San Felipe, Baja California. The taco stands there are my favorite place to grub.

And if you want REAL fish tacos. Make them out of one of these
corbina. one of the finest table fares, and one of the easiest catches. agreed it will make a fine taco. traditionally our tacos come equipped with a thin avocado sauce, a sour cream sauce. A cabbage slaw, and pico. folded into 2 corn tortillas. fucking great!

· Registered
1,674 Posts
corbina. one of the finest table fares, and one of the easiest catches. agreed it will make a fine taco. traditionally our tacos come equipped with a thin avocado sauce, a sour cream sauce. A cabbage slaw, and pico. folded into 2 corn tortillas. fucking great!

Its a different kind of Sea bass than corbina , closer to a white sea bass. I was miss led by my friend for two visits when these pics were taken until on the third year I learned what the fish really was, it is a Totoaba which if you do your research, you will see it is probably the most exploited fish in history due the Asians appetite for making soup out of the bladders.
My friend would take the fish and roast them whole on a grill stuffed with a seviche type veggie mix. the grill was made out of a metal 50 gallon drum. The whole neighborhood comes over and everybody just grabs a tortilla and grabs a chunk of meat and vegies off the fish with the tortilla, no plates spoons or forks. freaken awesome. the liquor store in that neighborhood sells tecate for the equivalent of 3 bucks a 6 pick they put the six pack in a plastic sack,fill it with ice for you.
I go down there around christmas, those people don't have much and don't really exchange gifts but they are so happy during christams and know how to have one hell of a good time, they have a big ol parade and fourth of july style fireworks in town on christmas eve. Chrfistmas lights are a big deal, its like status symbol of thier house is totally decked with lights.

Heres a pic of a corbina

Here is my friends back yard and he is considered wealthy.

· Registered
6,273 Posts
It is a state in Mexico on the Baja peninsula, San Felipe is actually in Baja California Norte. Then you have Baja California Sur to the south.
Holy **** Professor. I can't get over how much I just learned. You must be the smartest guy around! So you mean Sur means south? And Norte means north? That just blows me away! Eres el más listo alrededor

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.