Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently fishing in badger creek and in the lava flow I came across something about a foot long, black and in one of the holes in the flow. It jumped into the water than back into another hole about 3 inches in diameter just above the water line than the bottom of the creek erupted in silt and other debris. I can't imagine what this was, couldn't have been a beaver or muskrat because the hole it went into wouldn't fit my fist in it and I'm not going crazy because my dog saw it as well, she started barking and that's when the bottom of the creek erupted. Any ideas of what this could be?

·
Registered
592 Posts
A 12" eel would be about 1/2" in diameter, but eels don't live here anyway. It was probably just a small muskrat...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Here's a map of their native distribution (shown in light brown). They were native to CO in the Rio Grande drainage. From the source of the map, it sounds like some escaped from an aquaculture operation in the San Luis Valley, but given their neat life history, they wouldn't become established here.

·
Registered
24,634 Posts
It can only be one thing...from the movie Tremors...a baby Graboid!...

·
Registered
592 Posts
It can only be one thing...from the movie Tremors...a baby Graboid!...
First time I saw Tremors I was about 10, I don't think I left the pavement for a week! Now I watch it every time it's on, it's hilarious...

·
Registered
293 Posts
First time I saw Tremors I was about 10, I don't think I left the pavement for a week! Now I watch it every time it's on, it's hilarious...
I still can't eat sweet potatoes or yams thanks to that movie..... :-\

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it was a slender fecal brown trout.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts