Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started using this (both the powder as well as the seal coat) in the 2nd half of this year and have to say so far I'm pretty disappointed. There was no increase in strikes or numbers caught. Hell, if anything, lures without the UV Blast seemed to outproduce those with it. There is no visible difference in natural light and only a slight difference when comparing those with it and without it under a black light. I can't say anything about its efficacy for increased visibility and attraction, but when it comes to overall hookups, it doesn't seem especially useful. I will give it another try in the spring, but so far I am thoroughly unimpressed

Anyone had good luck with it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've not used it, but I've been thinking about it recently. Thanks for your review of the product.

I think I'll pass on it now.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair, I used it mostly for walleye which are not on the Pro Tec list of fish that pick up uv, but it was no more effective for trout which are on the list. If I'm not mistaken, walleye see well in the uv sprectrum, so it should, in theory, be effective for walleyes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have watched this for a week or so. What I have found with my home made one ounce spoons is that the UV Blast never made a fuss. But the trout nailed them/

FishMohroften

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to try coating a few spoons and spinner blades over the winter. Thanks for the heads up?

Has it worked on anything besides trout for you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts