Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like we are all catching post spawn females right now, but yet I haven't heard anything about how the take is going?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
My son in law helped them last weekend at the Creek and there was only about 10% of them ripe, he said they are wanting over 100 million out of each of their spawning areas and were only about 30%, except 60% at Pueblo.
He did get a few casualties and some Suckers as a bonus.
They had some in the 36" range in the nets.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
He said this was about the average size spawner and the small ones just swim through the nets

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
He said this was about the average size spawner and the small ones just swim through the nets
Figured that was going to be the story. Last year we caught over 100 little ones between 4"-12" in just a few days. Had to weed through a lot of little ones to find a keeper.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Helped with the spawn today at the Creek. We spawned 40+ and had maybe 40:60 ripe to green fish, with very few spent fish. If you contact the Ftont Range biologists like Swigle or Winkle or Brandt you can ask to be put on the schedule.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Egg Take

RE---Volunteers..,CPW has a volunteer program you can join to participate...at least they did several years ago...you only need to call in and ask to help out at a given location...if they need participants, you're in.

Start with a phone call...maybe their is a website now.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I have looked on the CPW website and couldn't fine anything on volunteering. Someone told me that maybe the Colorado Walleye Association might be connected somehow, not quite sure. I wanted to help out this week for Spring Break, but couldn't find any info.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have looked on the CPW website and couldn't fine anything on volunteering. Someone told me that maybe the Colorado Walleye Association might be connected somehow, not quite sure. I wanted to help out this week for Spring Break, but couldn't find any info.
I would suggest to just show up and ask them if you can help.
Fox news was out today, should be a news report out soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts