Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixin' up an old trout net and the old elastic cord was a tad short for my reach, I went to Michaels and Joanns yesterday and they has eoms weak sauce stuff, not what you normally find on a trout net, does anyone know where I can get some good elastic cord for this project?

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I'll try to check the PAFB Bx, as I'm looking for some myself. Got some at the Fort Carson Four Seasons store last year that worked pretty good.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Andy there is a fabric store off filmore on prospect. I usually buy buckles and clips and zippers from there to replace broken ones on equipment. They probably have that cord you are looking for they usually have heavy duty stuff.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ePiC said:
Andy there is a fabric store off filmore on prospect. I usually buy buckles and clips and zippers from there to replace broken ones on equipment. They probably have that cord you are looking for they usually have heavy duty stuff.
Hancock fabrics, that was my next stop, I hear they have lots of good stuff there, but it's a drive that I can't make in an hour on my lunch break.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Koldkut said:
ePiC said:
Hancock fabrics, that was my next stop, I hear they have lots of good stuff there, but it's a drive that I can't make in an hour on my lunch break.
Theres a hancock on 44th n wads as well if that helps

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've made several nets. Always got it at Army Navy Surplus on Pecos and also the one on S. Broadway. I like the stuff thats about 1/4" diameter but connecting the ends is another matter though. The best that I've found is to overlap the material and use 14 ga copper wire twisted and clipped short, bend the ends back into the cord. Also don't like the dangly thing so if you make it short enough that you can slip it over the bow and have it stay there then it keeps it out of the brush.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts