Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Yeah, I took care of my Mom for Four+ years and had battles with the system constantly..... cause she had fairly good insurance from her work place.... supposedly. After the first "incident" (where she had to be hospitalized) Secure Horizons was on my A-- every other day.
Had to put her in Bear Creek nursing Home on three occasions for rehab.... Luckily I found a little 6 person private assisted living home for her at half the price...She stayed ther [email protected] 20 months. These people were GREAT! They actually cared for her 100 times better than Bear Creek.... I still owe the crew there a bunch of thanks.... They even got her into IN HOUSE Hospice care at that private home!
I actually pulled her out of Bear Creek once and they turned me in to Jeff. Co. the next day for elder abuse and negligence of my Mom..... what a joke.... Bear Creek killed her, or at least thier lack of care led to her demise a bunch earlier than it should have.....
I'm still pissed off at the "System" BUT unless you can do it yourself at your own home.... long term care is the only option...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts