Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trolling motor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Trolling motor, I fished without one on my old boat and could not even think about not using one now. I can fish any section of a lake with it and have control of the boat.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Trolling motor for sure!!!!
Be fine without the rest

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
I didn't see a selection for marine band radio...... some of the places I've fished I wouldn't go without it.

If I had to pick from the three, I agree with trolling motor. It has got me home more than once... ;D

W

·
0 Posts
I'd love a trolling motor to run the canoe in any breeze and still be able to do operate one other thing. As it is now with oars, that takes all my attention and ability.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Fishfinder - I can row/kick myself all over the lake, within reason, but if I can't see what is happening down below, especially as far as depth goes, I'm fishing blind. If I find something of interest, I'm still old-school enough that I can triangulate and (shock, horror, gasp) write notes down in a notepad for future use.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Dang Byron, Since i just bought and am having it installed as we speak, I would have to go with the trolling motor. I sure hope this Terrova with the I-pilot works as good as the videos I looked at.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Whew, that's a relief -- I thought electronic AIDS might be some new kind of disease that only affects fishermen...

Guess if I had to give up electronics, the trolling motor would be the very last to go...

·
P I K E
10,081 Posts
Walking Eagle said:
Whew, that's a relief -- I thought electronic AIDS might be some new kind of disease that only affects fishermen...

Guess if I had to give up electronics, the trolling motor would be the very last to go...
LOL...Electronics is a disease to fishermen WE!!! Sometimes I wonder how much extra weight all the electronics on my boat add up to and how much more tackle I could take out without all that extra weight!!! ::) ;D

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Trolling motor, the fish finder is for looks and makes it look like I know what I'm doing. If I had a choice between a outboard or trolling motor I think the outboard might win.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I guess it would all depend on the type of fish/fishing I am after. Casting in 10' or less the electric motor would be top priority. Jigging or trolling to fish deeper than 10' the sonar would be my first choice to have.

I still have my Grandpa's paper lowrance, and remember everybodys amazement as we watched the pen scratch out a picture of the bottom.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang Byron, Since i just bought and am having it installed as we speak, I would have to go with the trolling motor. I sure hope this Terrova with the I-pilot works as good as the videos I looked at.
[/quote]

Al i think you will love it, it takes a little time to get used to all the features

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
FishLip said:
I guess it would all depend on the type of fish/fishing I am after. Casting in 10' or less the electric motor would be top priority. Jigging or trolling to fish deeper than 10' the sonar would be my first choice to have.
X2 -- Bottom line is they're just tools, and you need different tools for different jobs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts