Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
For 900$ I don't think that's a bad setup. It could be prettier, but then again if it was it would cost times as much!! If the guy seems like a reliable person I would go for it, seems to have most of what you need. This is assuming the livewells and bilge pump works. A couple years ago when I was looking for a boat I met up with a guy on a boat that had 2 live wells, stereo, all that good stuff. The guy forgot to mention everything needed to be rewired, he didn't seem to think that would effect anybody's decision on whether or not they wanted to buy it...:crazy:

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks fellas. Yea-- it is a nice boat. Not pretty, not flashy... But 17' is alot of boat. And I had mixed up two boats I was looking at. This boat has no live well, but I plan on making one out of an over-sized "5-day" Coleman cooler. Small water pump and a PVC pipe with holes drilled in it to aerate the water. Mainly it will be for bait...

Anyway, the boat seems like a good investment and one I can work on and even re-paint this winter if I get bored.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I sent two of my buddies from work out to my spot in Kingston.... the spot I can't get to from shore. Not enough room for 4 on the boat, and I wanted to fish with my son, so they went out there and did pretty well. Here are a couple pix.

My buddy Rick:

Other buddy William:

They'd never been to this spot before... It's the one I'd been researching and caught turtles at. Just couldn't get the rods out far enough. Gave Rick a marked map and he went and caught some fish yesterday. *******. ;)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Exact same location. F***, I even suggested the baits to use. They were fishing the sandbar that rolls up by the main channel. I saw it while researching, couldn't get my rods out far enough.

As to the other places I have found, slow controlled suspended drift is going to be crucial... The open water flats and the shelf dropoffs around the Clinch and Tennessee Rivers are mostly only accessible by boat because of the limited shore access.

I know where the fish are---they're not hard to pattern. I just don't have the means to access them.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Another thing... With colder water temps, I should be able to get to the big cats as they move to shallower tributaries that feed the main big waters. There are a couple creeks that feed the big river I can get to from the bank.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.