Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
935 Posts
The Lowrance 67 and 68 models both have flasher modes and real-time readouts. The package them in "ice machine" versions, and I was hoping someone had used them. I have the B/W version of them and I'm setting up for ice fishing, so I'm curious.

· Registered
935 Posts
From what I've seen of them, the vertical flasher on the side, and the circular are very much real-time. The unit I'm getting also has a gps, so even if not absolutely perfect as an ice fishing flasher, it should be more versatile than any Vexilar flasher (and all for $105) - amazing.

· Registered
935 Posts
Abomb,
Well, I got a good price because, as I said earlier, I got the B&W (noncolor) version. They have two or three noncolor versions of the same finder, with gps (m52 S/GPS, M56 S/MAP, and probably some others. They are essentially a non-color version of the x67/m68 models, and it was a special purchase by Cabelas. I got the m52 S/GPS model (the m56 S/MAP model has a basemap of us waters built-in. The one I am getting doesn't have the map, but records and finds waypoints. I figure I don't need the mapping, since I really just want to mark where I catch fish, etc... I don't need a digital map to know I'm in the middle of a lake.

It helped that I bought a bunch of stuff at cabelas during a grand opening awhile back and got a $25 rebate cash card to spend in the future, and also got a $20 preferred customer rebate. Their price for the unit was $150, so I bought it with the rebate cards - $105. I call that a deal. I'm not sure how visible the single-color display will be in bright light, but it's got the same operating temperature range as specified for the X67, and the same set of sonar features + the gps. I think I'm really going to like it. I wanted to use it in my boat during spring/summer as well, and like the idea of having real-time flasher and chart recording for all-around flexibility.

I hope it works as well as I imagine it will.

· Registered
935 Posts
That's the information I was looking for. I have heard people say they really aren't real-time, but these are not typically the people who actually use them. People who use them seem pretty happy and say the flasher-mode returns are real-time. Only complaint I've really seen that everyone agrees on is that the flasher screen is smaller than a vexilar or marcum display - and dudes with bad eyes don't seem to like that much.

· Registered
935 Posts
Grizz, the x67 and m68 Lowrance, and their similar models (m52, m56, etc..) have realtime flasher modes. I have the m52, now, and the flasher is definitely realtime. In addition, it has a vertical flasher off to the right of the graphing display that is also realtime. In the vertical mode, it definitely give you a better bar to turn the rate up a bit. In circular flasher mode, I didn't notice as much different when adjusting the rate.

· Registered
935 Posts
Awhile ago, Talo suggested using a pice of a kids "noodle" (used for swimming/splashing around) - sounds like a good approach. Cut a pice off, and put a slid down the side to tuck the cable into, and I'm sure that would work for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.