Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
4,816 Posts
Actually I find it depends on the water depth, shallower water you can be closer together. I don't think flashers are as prone to interference as graphs. I also think it depends on the unit, and what type of units are near by.

With my eagle I'd say 3-5 times the water depth to be interference free. So in 50 feet of water thats 150 to 250 feet, which is not near enough distance in my opinion ;D.

· Registered
12 Posts
I've been using a Vexilar FL-8 for about 13 years and have had zero problems with it. Changed my life when I got it. Now all of my ice fishing buddies have them, too. I've paid mine off ten times over in tourney winnings.

Unless you are planning to fish two in a hut side-by-side, I'd call Vexilar and ask for a factory refurbed older model - with the fish alarm. That way you can sight fish down one hole and have your flasher buddy "watch" down the other. Otherwise, you have to stay glued to the screen and can only watch one hole at a time in shallower water.

I still don't understand why they can't put the interference-rejection circuitry and the alarm in the same package.....

· Premium Member
4,368 Posts
jaquomo said:
I still don't understand why they can't put the interference-rejection circuitry and the alarm in the same package.....
They will do it eventually, that evolution will cost another $100 and will have a name like the FL-28! Planned obsolesence! :)

Dan

unfortunately they know a lot of fisherman will run out and buy them, we have to have the latest and greatest toy, you know!

· Registered
1,413 Posts
I have an old vex with a fish alarm and I love it! It does't have interfernce rejection but I generally go out with one or two buds, only one of which has a vex, and I just ask him to switch frequencies untill I don't get interference. Last time I looked at them on ebay you could get a used one like mine for around 75 dollars without transducer or power cable.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.