Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about fishing Elephant Butte in March. Or other NM. lakes that have Stripers or Walleye.
Anyone fish there the past couple of years?

·
Registered
978 Posts
earplug said:
Thinking about fishing Elephant Butte in March. Or other NM. lakes that have Stripers or Walleye.
Anyone fish there the past couple of years?
Why Elephant Butte? Powell is one of the best Striper fisheries in the west and also is becoming a great Walleye fishery.

·
Registered
978 Posts
FISH63 said:
EB ( many yrs ago) had the world record freshwater striper record.
yes, but the years of drought ruined it. It will eventually come back and has to a point, but not there yet.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Monsters in Elephant Butte. Hit the dirt dam with bucktail jigs and swimbaits. Hit Caballo for large eyes, its right below the Butte.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'll admit, Powell doesn't have the giants...but when you can catch 50-100 stripers a day easy, thats hard to beat. Now guys are catching 20 or more walleye a day. Plus the crappie fishing is unbelievable, just another option for you.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Taking sailboat, canoe and camper. EB would be a easier drive then Powell and I don't have to mess with canyon walls messing with the wind.
I have been told that you have to boat pretty far from the marina to the best fishing spots on Powell.
I like New Mexico's food better.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Well at least Viking gets it. Even Don and Dave have put their issues aside. I strongly suggest the rest of you do the same as I expoused in PMs to each of you. All of you know better, keep it up and you will soon be doing it on another forum. I/Donald appreciate what you contribute here but it doesnt make this crap right. Keep it up and you will have a new home. Is that clear enough? And if your brains says is he talking about me, I probably am.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
zman said:
Well at least Viking gets it. Even Don and Dave have put their issues aside. I strongly suggest the rest of you do the same as I expoused in PMs to each of you. All of you know better, keep it up and you will soon be doing it on another forum. I/Donald appreciate what you contribute here but it doesnt make this crap right. Keep it up and you will have a new home. Is that clear enough? And if your brains says is he talking about me, I probably am.
Are u talking about me?? ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Guess you answered your own question.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts