Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After battling for a fishable spot in the river above Spinney this morning. My Dad and I decided to spend the 4 bucks and fish 11 mile canyon. All I can say what an awesome day to fish today. Seemed to be a rainbow or 2 in each deep pocket. BH pheasant tails and scuds seemed to be the ticket. got there at noon left at 3 landed 14 with atleast 10 flashes from fish not willing to fight the whole time. Fish from 10"-14" Can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon.... BWO's were hatching as well

Fish

M

·
0 Posts
Nice -- from the reports I heard today nobody was catching in the river between 11M and spinney

·
Registered
179 Posts
Eleven Mile canyon is my money spot. I love that river. Always good for double digit catches up in the catch and release area. It's a narrow river to so finding the fish is never an issue ;)

T

·
0 Posts
is this stretch of the river (cath n' release only section) crowded? how about the lower parts? never fished it, but it looks terrific.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's not like a 3 mile hike into a river where you have it to yourself but I never really feel over crowded in the upper section. I admit that I do avoid it on holidays but other then that it's all good.

I think Happy Meadows is more crowded,and less courteous, then the canyon is any day.

T

·
0 Posts
cool. thanks. i really want to check this canyon out. it will have to be a saturday, so i would expect more fishing comrades than a weekday, but i am okay with that as long as there is ample spots to fish and have a good time.
any specific maps or info via web you know of would be great.
thank you

·
Registered
804 Posts
Tomcat, I use to fish the canyon a lot back in the 80s when I lived in the Springs. I would always park just past the second tunnel and hike down the bank. It was a good stretch to fish and was never very crowed due to the steepness of the bank that seperated the road from that point upstream for a half mile or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts