Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60% of the lake is ice free at Eleven Mile, water temp is 42 degrees. The ice could very possibly be gone and the lake open to boating in 10 to 14 days. Ice flows all over the lake. Wind and warm weather is eating up ice quick. Ramps are iced in still. People are catching fish from shore.

Spinney does have several acres of open water but still has some fairly thick ice too. Water at Spinney is colder than Eleven Mile.  Historical average for opening day at Spinney is April 19th. Not open at all yet of course.

Dream stream fishing is good for big girl rainbows in full spawn.

There will be a press release when each lake open for boating.

GETTING CLOSE !!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Close!!! Hell its here.
I shouldn't be so presumptuous to think everyone fishes from a boat. Fishing at Eleven Mile is here now for shore anglers.

For boat fishermen, we still have to wait a couple weeks or so!

·
Registered
239 Posts
You can camp at Eleven Mile but not at Spinney. There's the state web site
that can give you more information.(colorado state parks)

·
Registered
838 Posts
laker taker said:
Close!!! Hell its here.
I shouldn't be so presumptuous to think everyone fishes from a boat. Fishing at Eleven Mile is here now for shore anglers.

For boat fishermen, we still have to wait a couple weeks or so!
I have learned my lesson about early boating on eleven mile. Sleet,rain,snow,wind....and that was in the first 10 minutes. I'll stick to the shore till May. Especially when all the fish are still holding in 20 fow or less.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't been there yet, but I have some really good connections.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I'm going there tommorrow morning. I'll let you know, only live 25 minutes from Elevenmile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts