Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn't fished Eleven Mile in 8 years, but I read about the koke action, and I like kokes. Got there around 8:30am and fished the channel way out from Witcher's Cove on Monday in 82 FOW. 6 or 8 other groups out there. One guy caught a limit on a Swedish pimple + wax worms. Another group caught two kokes between the five of them while I was there. A couple guys from Salida caught nothing. Not sure about anyone else. I managed to catch one little skunkbuster on an orange Swedish pimple with a meal worm at 30', in about 3 hours. The guy who caught his limit was using a jigging machine, I believe. He was also there earlier than me. Too slow for me, in any case.

So I went up to Tarryall. I'd never fished it. I fished in 20 FOW near the boat ramp. Not a nibble. Not a mark. One other group was set up nearby. They'd caught two little stocker rainbows between the three of them in three different spots, fishing all day. One guy had apparently iced four earlier in the day, where we were set up.

At least it was a nice day. Blue skies, and the wind didn't really kick up for me until late afternoon, at Tarryall.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Man that sounds like me 2 weeks ago, I was skunked on 4 different lakes. It goes away though. Glad the weather was nice nothing worse the getting blown off 11mile and getting skunked at the same time.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Was Zman there?

Edit, Ok- no posts of late, 1/11/06-10 pm, I'm just trying to help here, to figure out what is causing the slow bite...

Did you have bananas in your cooler?
What direction was the wind blowing from - east by chance?
Have you bought any new equipment lately, did you have it with you?

I give up, maybe it was just a slow bite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts