Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got out on the ice first time this year. 8)Left the house about 5:30a.m. but with the 180mi. drive from Wiggins to 11 mile & stops we didn't get on the lake till about 9:30.I think we just missed the big bite ???My son iced a nice 18" within 5 minutes,& my buddy about lost a pole but missed the fish ::)My son caught a nice 17" a couple hrs. later,my buddy about lost another pole but missed the fish ;D(He's gettin slow?)And me,I never got a bite all day....I hate gettin skunked :mad:Oh-well,I'm on vacation all week...maybe I'll try Granby next?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Did you go there today? I started out at Sucker Cove at 6:30 amd then moved over to Lazy Boy and got 1 bite all day and missed it... I dont have a shelter and left around 11pm as the wind started getting harder and harder.
I hit another lake on the way home (open water) and got skunked there too, I think 11mile hates me. :p

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Oh yeah ice was 15 inches, man that kicked my but the top of my mora was buried in the ice before I broke threw.
There was this huge pressure ridge that I had to cross to get to the point I knew would have fish and man that was a little sketchy. (the depression at sucker cove about 15 foot deep, but they just looked at my bait and laughed I know it)

I didnt catch any fish so here is the only pictures i took :'(

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah Cut I'm really thinking about it... I'm going to win 2nd place in the WSA hardwater tournament and get the gas auger. But if the fish jumps down the hole before I get the picture taken, I'm going to pick one of those up. (its been known to happen)

·
Registered
176 Posts
epic, we hit 11 mile yesterday, did pretty well- FOR ONCE ON THAT LAKE!! fished rock point at sun up and three of us limited out in an hour, we couldnt catch anything under 16" so we each ended up with 2 decent bows.  decided to hit goose island for pike after that, not a fish to be found- tiny green tbe jigs tipped with meal worm was the ticket for the trout- of all the times I've been skunked at 11 mile, I really just expected to have a scenic nap- keep trying!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Everyone I talked to today had been skunked a couple bites here and there and 1 "I lost him at the hole". So luckily it wasnt just me... Its all about being in the right spot at the right time, I think I have bad timing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No ePiC, I didn't make it back today... :( but I'm going to try it again on Thursday.I think I've got the ticket now ;) Yea,I saw that ridge...pretty awsome looking,don't thik I'd of tried crossing it?Makes me feel a little better knowing I wasn't the only 1 skunked,Thx :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts