Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Chance went out to Elevenmile Res. this afternoon. My nephew Chance just got here from Michigan, staying with my Mom and Dad. Wind was blowing like crazy like it has been for the past three weeks. Tried Witcher Cove, Sucker Cove, and the Dream Stream by the bridge. Not even a bite. Seen 2 boats out there. Lake was all whitecaps. This wind is really starting to suck. Tried all different lures. Nothing.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Yeah go with "Moses of the MRT's!"... ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
161 Posts
11 Mile does blow lately! We spent alot of hours out there this weekend and finally paid off but its been extremely difficult with the winds. If it weren't for my Uncle's determination to catch this spring at the mile Jeff and I would have given up much sooner. Hopefully it gets better than the extreme white caps we have seen for much of April. (and March)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do I sign up for lessons Slayerfish? ::) Got the lake figured out from boat and on the ice, but I suck at shorefishing there! ;D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
elkdeerbear said:
Where do I sign up for lessons Slayerfish? ::) Got the lake figured out from boat and on the ice, but I suck at shorefishing there! ;D
I'm in the same boat as you Elk! I have that lake dialed through the ice and do pretty good out of a boat - when it's not acting like the Bering Sea!!!!!!!!!! I sure do stink that whole valley out when I'm on the bank though.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
2 of us at the honey hole all day yesterday. I got a 22" silver bow, fat, lost another same size. 1 other bite. that was it. Nasty left-to-right wind all day. Tough to cast properly.

Not many other peeps out, went by Spinney and hardly anyone there either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts