Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checked it out the resevoir this morning bout 10am, there trout fishing report inside the office basically said they were biting all over the lake on orange and pink power baits, salmon eggs and worms. hehe not where we were tho. SKUNKED!

so we moved down to the canyon at noon water level is low so u can hop rocks and get to the fish hehe. fished this first 1/2 mile and hooked up all day on salmon eggs. it was a blast, no big ens though. we also threw silverspoons got a couple and a white rooster tail got nothing. all the fun there didnt get a chance to go farther along ran outta time. good day tho

M

·
0 Posts
When yolu talk about the canyon, are you talking about below the dam or between 11mile and Spinney? I hear the latter is better, but I have only fly fished below the dam. My dad and I each got a tiny bow on a 19 degree day before everything froze.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The canyon would be the area below the dam. I know the fishing in the canyon is lights out most of the time. Some huge fish come out of the stretch between the lakes though.

Come to think of it....how far of a drive would it be for the people here to goto the canyon? Would that be a good place for everyone to meet.

Great picnic area
Great fishing
Great fun ;D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Wmccree - 55 minutes from my house to the pay station. I'd like to meet some of you guys. I've got an awfully tight/crazy schedule though as I have a running addiction that takes time as well. Not to mention climbing. I like the canyon because I can do a biathlon: climb until about 3pm and then hit the afternoon hatch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea at first we were gunna check out the river between the 2 lakes but its fly/lure, catch and release only. dont got a fly rod and not much experience with lures so we passed that up.

the canyon is about a 2 hour drive from aurora and ive seen some fat boy brownies pulled out of it. yesterday my homie hooked up with a 17" chuncky rainbow but it poped off the hook as he went to grab it, of course it fell back into the water hehe.

yea the canyon gots wicked rocks to climb looks like fun but i cant do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts