Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kept hearing that from everyone I've talked to, from forum members, facebook friends and other fishermen on the ice. strange.

Went to the north side with Anthony and within 15 mins, something mugged my lure.... and it was this son of a *****.

I was pumped... he fought pretty good. i been ranting and raving about wanting to ice a pike and it happened. kept fishing the spot and only managed a few dinks. so I Walked over to a big boulder and saw another fisherman, who managed to nail a 6 lb cutbow as well as a few slobs of his own. bullshitted with him for a bit, gave him advice on eaters at williams fork and he moved on. anthony came back to fish by me and he managed a few dinks at the spot, and we both packed up to fish another spot of the lake. Anthony went to one side of it and I went to another. I eventually found a spot that held fish and started pounding them one after the other. kept 2 18 inch cutbows that were fat as footballs and another 19 inch hatchethandle. left after sundown. my son seemed way more psyched on the catch than I did.., lol.

All fish caught were on a 1/8 oz silver and orange kastmaster, tipped with halved shiner meat. The key to success was moving constantly and finding sharp depth variances/structure. also fishing during feeding times works good too... Probably going to go back there when the lake opens up a little... which judging from the weather and ice, won't be too long.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice job! I like the pike.
I hate that lake! I havn't been there in a few years, maybe I'll give it another chance, I'm usualy fishing other places when I'm in the southpark area.

Thats a great pict of your boy, looks like he is pukingin the bucket

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
Cool deal man, that lake can take a bit to learn it, but once you do, it's on. This time of year, I go with something larger than early season and the ability to rise and drop faster than the fish makes the difference, I always play keep away from them and usually it leads to come good bites from active fish.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Looks like that 1st Pike may have had another "DINK" in His stomach...
Stinky and Slimy.... ain't They?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts