Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Jerry was at the mile this morning at 6:25. Fished between 6:45 and 9:15 am. He had an appointment this afternoon or we would of stayed longer. Action started as soon as we got set up. I lost a rainbow at the icehole. Jerry got a 20 incher. I got an 18 incher. I lost another one. I had 2 other hits and Jerry had 1 other hit. Had the Automatic Fisherman set up 30 feet in front of the hut. No hits. Maybe tommorrow. Guess I had it set up right? All this in the first 45 minutes. Seen a couple nose the lures, they were various sizes. Was in 6-7 feet of water on 16 inches of ice. Dad went out last Mon., Tues., and Weds. morning with the same results. A couple good rainbows, a bunch of hits, and a few smaller ones. Still some open water out in front of main boat ramp and marina. Don't know how this could be when its been alot colder at night. I've had -20 to 15 above the past week at the house. Taking the Cajun tommorrow on his first ice trip. Can't wait. Didn't go out ice fishing last week. Filled that late season cow tag on New Years Eve day. Full freezer now. That .375 H&H Magnum is impressive on elk.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WORK?!? I try not too. ;) So I'm suppossed to hang that AF from the Christmas tree? ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts