Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out on elevenmile right after sun up but didnt catch my first until about 10:00. Fishing was slow all day and one of my rods was too limber to set the hook on a couple hits. I ended up with a 14" rainbow and a 23" cutbow. Only saw one or two other people ice some fish out of the 20 that were out there. Chartreuse and pink seem to be the best hitters and the pike are still coming throughout the day. Off to Sanchez tomorrow to sleigh some perch and maybe some pike.

(26 Dec 05)

·
Registered
459 Posts
My report wayyyy the opposite! We fished 17 feet of water, slayed the bows (10) and two cutbows! The cutbows were 19 each, and were the dark beautiful colored ones. Thought they were browns at first. We had great action till 11:30...then it slowed till 1:00 (as usual). The after one the bows came on again till 3...was a great day. Bout a thirty fish day...

·
Registered
459 Posts
And Pike, forgot to mention those....best one was 22 inches...lil' dinker

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
What part of the lake were you guys fishing? I think I might head up there tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
nice report. 11 mile sounds like my kind of lake. Does anyone here set tipups for the northerns?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I havent seen anyone fishing tip-ups where i was at, that doesnt mean they dont though.. There were a couple guys that were fishing pike that i talked to on my way back in, they had caught 4 all around 24-30 inches

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
nice report. 11 mile sounds like my kind of lake. Does anyone here set tipups for the northerns?
I seem to have lost the tipups I use to have, probably in storage somewhere. But I have one thats wrapped waiting for my grandparents to come visit so I can open it. (its from my grandma, I had to buy it and wrap it for her) So I'm waiting to use mine in the mean time I'm fishing 2 rods in hand... wish tipups were considered similar to jugs lines or something so we could have more then 1 tipup and 1 pole.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be nice, theres no limit of tip-ups on most lakes in wyoming if you ever get up there.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
TFB,

I use tipups for northern on 11 Mile but have been jigging 3" tubes jigs with small suckers this year. Only saw one hammer handle today, maybe 18".

·
Registered
459 Posts
We were at Stoll Mountain...along with the rest of the world :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts